Macktown Construction Group is a home remodeling and renovation company located in Machesney Park, Illinois. Our focus is to provide the best service to our clients in a timely manner, with their budget in mind. We value hard work, initiative, collaborators, and self-starters. Are you interested in working with us? Please take a look at some of our current job openings, and fill out the form below to get started.
Join our growing team of residential designers and craftsmen. Benefit from a respectful, collaborative environment.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our team. Can you inspire and lead the team to a zero-punch list mentality through each trade? If so, you’ll enjoy the many benefits of a collaborative design build environment, from leading a team of skilled carpenters and fully vetted trade partners to having our in-house designers available to answer questions about plans when time is of the essence! Pay is competitive and based upon your experience, and the benefits package includes Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Company Matched Retirement, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and a Company Truck.
Full job description:
The Project Manager is tasked with producing our projects on time and on budget, and is expected to consistently deliver a superior client experience and service. He or she needs to have a thorough understanding of residential construction and have the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
Are you right for this position? Consider these qualities:
- 7-10 years combined experience of Lead Carpenter and/or Project Manager positions.
- Strong organizational skills and able to schedule all trades, all employees, and all material deliveries.
- Comfortable with technology and open to learning; our team is organized using gantt chart scheduling, emails, spreadsheets, and google docs. A field tablet will be provided for your use.
- Able to coordinate with the Office Manager to maintain project files and daily logs in our project management software system, BuilderTrend.
- Able to see the big picture of the project and command total knowledge of each project to employees and trade partners.
- Must be able to communicate effectively. This goes beyond the requirement of face to face communication, phone calls, and emails. Clarity of content, timing expectations, and finished results are really important.
- Able to manage the building permit process.
- Able to think outside the box to save time & cost without sacrificing job quality.
- Able to manage project quality control to reduce errors and omissions.
- Able to conduct semi annual employee reviews with the Business Manager.
- Able to perform labor for installation of surface protection, dust walls, light demolition, minor rough carpentry, hardware and clean up on a daily basis. Our in-house carpentry crews typically perform this labor, but the Project Manager must be able to jump in when required. The Project Manager is expected to wear the belts approximately 10% of the time, and spend the remaining 90% managing the process.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Background checks and drug screening will be performed.
We are a fun, proactive company. We are looking for someone who loves this industry and the transformations we provide our clients. If you’re interested in a position with Macktown Construction Group, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To be clear – a cover letter is required. No phone calls please.Â