Macktown Construction Group understands that the essence of building successful business relationships comes from listening to what our clients want and offering an exceptional level of service that consistently exceeds their expectations. For us, that means not only using top quality materials, it means hiring people who are driven, dedicated, talented and ultimately, the very best at what they do. It also means putting our unique process in place to guarantee that you know exactly what to expect on every project.
What You Can Expect With Macktown
Step 1 - Reaching Out To Us & Listening To You
During our initial phone conversation, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don't like about your current home.
- Listen to your project goals, needs and desires.
- Ask lots of questions specific to your project.
- Talk about what type of contractor you are looking to hire and work with on your project.
- Get specific about how you plan to use your new space before the next step will help us get you a realistic budget range.
- Discuss your desired project investment and investment comfort zone.
- While we won’t know the exact cost of your project at this point, starting the discussion on cost and reviewing some practical numbers goes a long way in helping our Team direct you as we move forward.
- There are great tools online to help you get a general idea on remodeling costs. Please check out the Cost vs Value Report here.
- Schedule an in-home Discovery meeting with one of our Project Managers.
Step 2 - Discovery & Explore
During our initial walk-through meeting at clients home, we will:
- Spend approximately 1 hour getting to know each other better, going over your project.
- Review the project details discussed during initial phone conversation.
- Discuss your vision for your project, talk about different possibilities and listen to any fears you may have regarding your project.
- Discuss the feasibility of your ideal budget range.
- Establish a realistic budget range for your project.
- We understand you will have lots of questions for us, and we love that! We are here to guide you through the whole remodeling process.
- After getting to know each other and going over your project, and both the Project Manager and you (The Client) feel that we may be a good fit to take the next step in our process, our Project Manager will discuss our process in detail befor taking the next step.
There are 2 possible outcomes from the meeting:
- Outcome #1: We enter into a fee based partnership, our Project Development Agreement, to move to the Design and Material Selection Phase. *(Required retainer fee for Project Development Agreement is $500 per project.)* The Project Development Agreement not only allows us to create your project designs and get your exact materials quoted for your project, but also allows for us to work with local municipalities on any zoning and permitting issues for your project.
- Outcome #2: We agree at this time that we are not the right fit for your project.
Step 3 - Design and Material Selection
Upon acceptance of the Project Development Agreement and payment of an initial retainer, Macktown Construction will begin the detailed design work, which includes:
- Research and gather the required information for your project, including a full site measure and documentation of your existing space.
- Conceptual drawings and floor plans are developed.
- Further define the scope, budget and timeframe of project.
- Zoning may need to be addressed to comply with local agencies.
- Product and material selections such as cabinets, countertops, flooring and wall colors are completed.
Step 4 - Design Review
- Design floor plans are reviewed for your approval.
- A detailed specification for your project is presented.
- Budget revisions are presented based on quotes from subcontractors and material selections.
- Once plans, specifications and material selections are complete, a fixed-fee construction contract is finalized.
- Upon finalizing the contract, we will prepare for the next step, Pre-Construction Phase.
Your initial retainer fee from Step 2 is applied toward this contract as part of the down payment.
Step 5 - Pre-Construction Phase
Prior to showing up for the start of your project, we will schedule a “Pre-Construction Meeting” where we will review the following details and to make sure we are all still on the same page and if any last minute changes need to be made:
- Introduce you to your project site manager.
- Review the project on-site with your project site manager.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure your safety, access to project, parking, dumpster location and any information pertaining to your pets.
- Apply for the zoning and building permit (most municipalities take up to 1-2 weeks for approval of zoning and permit applications.)
- Prepare the construction packet for your project site manager.
Step 6 - Construction Phase
During construction, we will:
- After zoning and permit approval, we schedule and start your project.
- Our In-House Construction Staff will take over from here.
- Your Project Manager will be your daily point person for your project, performing and scheduling the work, answering any questions or concerns, problem-solving, updating the schedule, etc.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work. Utilize our detailed checklist during each phase of construction to ensure that your project is complete with accuracy and to a high level of quality.
- Remember, with our process, 99% of the details have been decided on in the Design Phase, so that in the construction phase things go much smoother for you.
Keep in mind, we didn’t say things would go perfectly. In construction things never go perfectly, but with Our Team and our well thought out approach to “Design First Remodeling” you will minimize disruption and headache for yourself and your family, making the process of Home Remodeling and Construction much more enjoyable.
Step 7 - Enjoy/ Post-Construction/ Warranty
After construction work is completed, we will:
- Deliver your warranty and information packet.
- Macktown stands by our work and have extended our workmanship warranty to cover 5 years, which is much longer than most of our competitors and certainly longer than the industry standard of 1 year.
- So, what does this mean for you? It gives you a PEACE OF MIND.
- Call you after 6 months to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust.
- Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable experience for you. We want you to love the enhancements to your home and share your experience with others who would benefit from our services.
- If you have any issues, we will be there to make sure they are taken care of promptly.
- We believe that a well thought-out, organized process gives you a great experience.
Contact Us to see if our process will be the right fit for your project.