Most of us don’t have the space in our homes for the expansive bathrooms we see in magazines. But that doesn’t mean we can’t give the appearance of sweeping luxury. Tile size, shape, pattern and color all play a role in the appearance of our bathroom. By thoughtfully selecting the right tile, we can create the illusion of opulence, and even make small bathrooms feel bigger! So let’s explore some unique and fun tile options:
- Bold Chevron – The chevron is a great way to make a narrow space feel larger and more open. Longer tiles, and colors such as black and white, create a focal point that is classic with a modern edge.
- Encaustic Tiles – This tile is full of character and adds texture and shape to a bathroom. Today’s tiles mimic patterns that date back centuries, incorporating a variety of colors and endless patterns.
- Large Format – Believe it or not, large format tiles make your small bathroom feel larger. The size of this tile requires less grout lines, therefore, your space appears seamless and less crowded.
- Bold Mosaics – Mosaics come in many geometric designs and colors. It’s the perfect application for wet areas such as shower floors. Mosaic tile requires more grout lines, thus making the area more slip-resistant. To create visual interest, pair it with large tiles of similar shape or color.
- Veined “Marble” – Veined marble is the ultimate statement of opulence; however, it is on the higher end of the price point. The good news is that there are plenty of other stones, such as porcelain, that offer an affordable marbled look. If you prefer a heavier vein, our Designer suggests using a larger format tile so the bathroom doesn’t feel busy.
Regardless of whether you want to create the illusion of space or luxury, it’s always best to consult a professional. Their expertise will ensure the tile you choose is the right fit for the desired application. Macktown Construction has its own Interior Designer on staff to guide you through any remodeling project.